POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Classic minimalism : Re: Classic minimalism Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Classic minimalism
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jul 2005 03:08:56
Message: <42e1ed08$1@news.povray.org>
"stm31415" <sam### [at] cscom> schreef in bericht
> You're good, except the red flecks smack of the energy of abstract
> expressionism, which is what minimalism retaliates againts. The cross its
> nice, the strong texture is good, though the opposition of elements might
> bring a little to much conflict into it. It certainly could be qualified
> minimalist, and I like it, but I'm not sure it goes as far (or as short)
as
> the classic minimalist work. I like it quite a bit.

Thank you indeed! As I answered to Jim Charter, I like to provoque
sometimes, so the term classic is questionable. At the last moment I threw
in the red paint, as an afterthought, probably because I am biased to
abstract expressionism, and I found I needed a little more tension in the
whole thing. I prefer it thus than without, to tell the truth (and to hell
with minimalism!!  ;-))

Thomas