POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] : Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 22 Jul 2005 15:02:36
Message: <42e142cc@news.povray.org>
After more than a month without time for poving, I found my self with a
lack of inspiration to take on the works in progress, so I used this
last week to continue learning to model with Wings3D, and this is the
result. It is not a concrete model, but a mix of details from several
models, depending on how visible they were on the photos I used for
reference.

I didn't use any tutorial, but tried to develop my own techniques. I
started from a cylinder, as it seemed more appropriate for the shape of
this car than a box. I created the main shape as a solid mesh, using
blueprints as guides. When I was satisfied with the general shape, I
intruded it a bit to create a double mesh. Then I cut from there all the
pieces with loop cuts, and smoothed them independently. All the pieces
where then exported to POV-Ray into separate files.

For the lighting on this test I used a mixed conventional/HDRI setup
based on skylight and my patio hdr, with skylight matching the sun
position on the hdr.

My excuses to GS owners for the many inaccuracies, they will be resolved
on the next model. :)

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message