POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism? [52 KB] : Re: Minimalism? [52 KB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism? [52 KB]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Jul 2005 09:52:10
Message: <42dfa88a$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>

>>> Late Stella wouldn't even fit in that room! Much less on a coffee table.
>>>
>> Well I think he did a few prints.
>

> I think we're not on the same page.
> http://www.artseensoho.com/Art/GAGOSIAN/stella97/stella3.html

I see.  Well I'll admit I don't remember specifically how long the
"protractor" paintings lasted but it seemed like I was looking at them
forever.  I think of the "black" paintings as early Stella.  But I guess
those wacky sculptures must have started appearing about the mid
eighties or so, now that I think about it, so I guess calling the
"protractor" works "late" might be pushing it.  Perhaps "mature" would
have said it better.