POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : female face : Re: female face Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: female face
From: Alberto Mendoza
Date: 20 Jul 2005 16:03:57
Message: <42deae2d@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Great first outing.  There is a lot of good observation there and you
> have communicated the delicacy we expect from feminine features very
> well.  It really is no small accomplishment. The corners of the mouth,
> for instance are very good. And you have taken the time to describe the
> shape of the eye ducts and even to suggest the muscle at the inner duct.

Tank you Jim, I appreciate your detailed comments.

>  I take it you put the eyelashs in algorithmically, or were they
> modelled in Wings also? The eyebrows appear to be separate mesh objects,

Right, the eyelashes were put with a little macro in povray.

> but I have no clue as to how you got the clean line between the lips'
> texture and the surrounding skin.

Within wings a gave distinct colors to the skin, eyebrows and lips. When
exported to .obj format, they were exported as different objects, so in
povray I could assign different textures to them.

PD. Looking forward for the next step in your work :-)

Alberto.