POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : female face : Re: female face Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: female face
From: Alberto Mendoza
Date: 20 Jul 2005 14:58:10
Message: <42de9ec2$1@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> Alberto Mendoza <jac### [at] usbve> wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody. It has been many years that I do not post anything. This
>>is my last work. The face was modeled in Wings3d
>>(http://www.wings3d.com), textured and rendered in povray. Coments are wellcomed.
>>
>>Alberto.
>

> Nice. I like the grain of the skin (procedural?)
> Lighting is too greyish for my taste.
> Ear is too flat but I know, it's not easy to model.
>

> Rene
> http://rene.bui.free.fr - online portfolio

Thank you Rene.

Yes, the skin is procedural. At this moment is composed by 4 layers of
texture but I'm still not satisfied.

About the grayish tone I agree with you. In the computer where the image
was rendered, the color looked fine but I'm using other to read the
thread and it looks to gray.

About the ear, again you are right. I have to fix that.

PD. I visited your site and found the Twin girls with a pearl earring
astonishing. I noticed that you are also interested in sub surface
scattering.

Alberto