POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism? [52 KB] : Re: Minimalism? [52 KB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism? [52 KB]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Jul 2005 14:10:01
Message: <42de9379$1@news.povray.org>
"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:42de8d60@news.povray.org...

> The past few days there was some discussion about images being
> minimalistic
> or not. Well, more discussion is needed. I'm not sure whether this image
> is
> minimalistic (enough) to enter this IRTC round, so tell me what you think.
>
> PS: The first to guess the artist who made the painting on the cover of
> the
> book gets....ehm, 10 pixels of any color he wants.

Frank Stella?

I got that name from Ed Jackson's posting from the 14th this of this month.
Was about a converting his paintings to 3D. I just happened to remember the
image since that's what I do best as opposed to remembering names.

As to your picture... well, I think it might need to show more surrounding
blankness. The single color is a good idea, already, just that the book
seems to throw a wrench into the works far as it being minimilist. Maybe
other people won't think so.

Bob