POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Everything - final : Re: Everything - final Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Everything - final
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Jul 2005 10:02:05
Message: <42de595d$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> To my considerable surprise, I think I've finished this picture! This is
> good because I'm probably not going to have much more time to work on
> it. But in any case this is the first time I've finished an IRTC entry
> more than 1 week before the deadline.
>
> So... just thought I'd post this latest and probably last iteration.
> Expect something very similar to this to appear on the IRTC and Zazzle
> websites in about 1.5 months :)
>
> Full source available on my website:
> http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/finished/index.php?image=evrythng
>
> Final render time:
> 7h 55m 48s at 7800x5200, pretty quick!
>
> Tek

This image is just simply outstanding.  I admit I wouldn't have realized
how outstanding without Slime's link to the hubble shots.  Watching the
whole development of this image has just been astonishing and eye
opening for me.  One of those things that happen when you hang out at
this ng.  Then you want to tell all your friends, but they never understand.