POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some asteroids (from Paul Bourke) [122kb JPG] : Re: changed cratering [~168kb JPG] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: changed cratering [~168kb JPG]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Jul 2005 04:29:27
Message: <42db6867@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> I've always preferred using an inverted granite pattern---8<---
>
> //moon
> light_source { <-1,1,-1>*1000, rgb 1 }
>
> sphere {
> z*3, 1
> pigment { rgb 1 }
> finish { diffuse 1 ambient 0 }
> normal {
> pigment_pattern { granite } -.2
> accuracy 1/5000
> }
> }

Hadn't seen it done that way before.

I did use a small scale negative granite normal on the topmost layer, it
just isn't very obvious. I realize now I overlooked adding a no_bump_scale
keyword to prevent the depth from scaling after applying it to the
asteroids, which were then scaled. Of course that meant readjusting the
normals.

Attaching the changed (rescaled textures) image here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '8asteroids.jpg' (124 KB)

Preview of image '8asteroids.jpg'