POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism WIP : Re: Minimalism WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism WIP
From: Tek
Date: 17 Jul 2005 02:09:42
Message: <42d9f626@news.povray.org>
Well the spiral pattern is about the only thing in that picture that I
have researched, apparently there are many arms on the milky way:
http://members.nova.org/~sol/chview/milkyway.jpg

and here's a photo of a similar looking galaxy:
http://www.eso.org/outreach/gallery/vlt/images/Top20/Top20/top4.html

Though the thing I haven't got is the way that the arms are incomplete,
so some start halfway out.