POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aussie Dollars : Re: Aussie Dollars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aussie Dollars
From: Rick Measham
Date: 16 Jul 2005 18:39:10
Message: <42d98c8e$1@news.povray.org>
> Rick Measham <rickm*at%isite.net.au> wrote:
>>I'm not a real photographer, but I have food dye, a scanner and there's
>>sure to be a dollar coin around here someplace.

Found a coin, got the food-dye ready. Didn't work. First problem is that
flatbed scanners still have an offset light and so the image is lit from
one direction still.

Second problem is the coin traps air in the food-dye in the etching.

I tried watering down the dye, and it worked a little better, but not much.

The only thing I could think was to use deep enough mixture that the
coin could be flipped around until there was no air pockets. However
that would require some sort of glass container with a perfectly flat
base. I don't have one of those outside of povray!

If you've any more ideas, I'm happy to play!

Cheers!
Rick Measham