POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism WIP - what to do? : Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Jul 2005 07:42:11
Message: <42d8f293$1@news.povray.org>
"Ed Jackson" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42d7397bdb87661e437d093a0@news.povray.org...

> I really am a little frustrated with the antialiasing provided by the
> focal
> blur.  I'd love to hear others' experience with where the diminishing
> returns set in with variance and confidence settings.

I think you have a good idea going here, and it seems to be rendering out
fine enough-- aside from the AA trouble you mentioned.

If you were to use the beta of version 3.7 then you could combine regular AA
with the focal blur. I know that might be problematic to do but if you were
to try it I can only suggest that AA method 2 is the thing to work with.
There's currently some trouble with method 1, I believe. In fact, using the
command-line +a0.2 +r2 +am2 could be adequate.

Since version 3.6 cannot combine the antialiasing and focal blur you can
only supply more 'blur_samples' and use the most accuracy confidence
possible. From what I've seen of v3.7 beta it might have better DOF when AA
(method 2) is added.

Bob Hughes