POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System Take 3 : Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jul 2005 04:08:02
Message: <42d8c062@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.42d64afa100c4809bb4450f20@news.povray.org...

> Unfortunately, I couldn't open either of the zip files. I was going to try
> again today on my XP machine at work, but it was too busy to play.

That is strange! I tried also to see if prhaps they had been corrupted, but
they worked fine for me. Tell me if you have problem, and I shall send them
to you (I can still reduce the second one in size by the way.

> For example, I've attached a nice circle packing a stumbled across a few
> years
> back. I assume it was discovered in ancient times, but I haven't tried to
> do any research about it. I don't think I've ever seen it before I
> accidently
> discovered it for myself.
>
> The red cylinders have radius 3, the blue radius 2, the gold radius 1.
> Notice the hidden 3,4,5 right-triangles? That's how I found this packing.

That looks a bit familiar to me.... wonder indeed where I saw this
before.... Nice that the 3-4-5 triangle is included!!

Thomas