POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aussie Dollars : Re: Aussie Dollars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aussie Dollars
From: Rick Measham
Date: 14 Jul 2005 21:13:31
Message: <42d70dbb@news.povray.org>
PM 2Ring wrote:
> OTOH, it'd be a lot easier to persuade a real photographer with modern
> equipment to do this for me. :)

I'm not a real photographer, but I have food dye, a scanner and there's
sure to be a dollar coin around here someplace.

I'd like to suggest through that you actually carve the edge of the coin
rather than just making look like its carved. You'll notice your current
image has a flat reflection on the bottom right where the carving is on
the edge.

Give me a couple of hours to get this going and posted to you.

Cheers!
Rick Measham