POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 49.13. 30 [215 Kb] : Re: 49.13. 30 [215 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 49.13. 30 [215 Kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 Jul 2005 12:29:45
Message: <42d692f9$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:

> Minimalism can be looked at in so many ways. Even maybe as creating a whole
> scene out of a minimal set of SDL macros. Who knows!

But you don't have to in order to address the topic.  It doesn't have to
be a short code contest or necessarily involve any sort of "'this' in
spite of reduced 'that'" factor.  Instead it's just a big license to
relax I think.  See what we get for free.

I thought you were pretty on target with your post in the "stills"
group...that issues of pure design might finally come to the forefront
over those of narrative depiction.  Though personally, if I do do an
entry, it will probably have a large element of depiction to it.