POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 49.13. 30 [215 Kb] : Re: 49.13. 30 [215 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 49.13. 30 [215 Kb]
From: Ross
Date: 14 Jul 2005 11:19:43
Message: <42d6828f@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> So are you saying that painting is the only valid medium for a
> minimalist enterprise?  I don't really believe you are but it seems we
> should agree at this point that a more artificial and contrived thing
> than oil paint on stretched canvas is hard to imagine.

Nice works lately Jim, they help to keep the stream of ideas flowing.

I'd second your opinion. Achitecture, sculpture or room installations seem a
great medium for this minimalism topic. I found some nice examples online
and it's hard to refrain from trying to simpy reproduce them in pov. Even
some cool landscaping that critics consider "minimalism".

Minimalism can be looked at in so many ways. Even maybe as creating a whole
scene out of a minimal set of SDL macros. Who knows! Take it easy

-r