POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media+radiosity testing : Re: Media+radiosity testing Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media+radiosity testing
From: Alain
Date: 12 Jul 2005 11:10:24
Message: <42d3dd60@news.povray.org>
aaglo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-07-12 05:04:

> Ok, I think I understood most of these tips :)
> To the question of render time: it was about 1 h 30 mins (because of the
> large number of "holes on the roof where the light comes".

If you used a difference ov a large box and several small boxes, it's slow. Some beter
solution:
- use 2 arays of long boxes in an union
- use a small diference of 2 boxes. Place them repetately to recreate your roof.
When you punch lots of holes, you get extremely bad bounding: POV Ray have to check
for all the
diferenced small box to determine if you are on a solid or empty spot.

Alain