POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System Take 3 : Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jul 2005 04:04:01
Message: <42d37971@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.42d3267b100c4809ad93754b0@news.povray.org...

> Very nice! I've thought of modeling this one myself for years, but I've
> never gotten around to it.

Thank you! Yes, I had that idea too for some years, and suddenly while
testing the domer plugin, I realised it was the right thing to do. So, here
it is.

> I want to see this scene in 3D... will you be making the source available?

Yes, I shall post this scene in p.b.s-f

> Johannes would be proud of you. I'm pretty sure he drew the original
artwork
> himself. FWIW, they have this book at my local library. Kepler is an
> absorbing writer, even if some of his ideas seem a little strange to
modern
> readers.

Well, don't forget he lived in the 16th century. Our knowledge has much
increased since then. However, in his time, his work was truly
revolutionary.

Thomas