POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : A POV-color picker : Re: A POV-color picker Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A POV-color picker
From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 8 Jul 2005 08:54:30
Message: <42ce7786$1@news.povray.org>
Hope it can help you.
I've realized that a 3d color picker must be interactive and needs some
(simple) mathematics and time (I haven't) to be performed.
Basic idea is to have a 256+256+256 cube with visible pixel colored by
coordinates (e.g. r=x, g=y, b=z), a button to rotate the cube and a pipe
tool to pick in depth the color, showing the section of the cube normal to
the pipe while the pipe is advancing in his interior. From the section the
color can be picked.

Have a nice day,
;-)
Paolo