POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : "Failed to start render: bad allocation"? : "Failed to start render: bad allocation"? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  "Failed to start render: bad allocation"?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 8 Jul 2005 01:20:22
Message: <42ce0d16@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to render a large image with the new beta and when I attempt to
do so I receive the error "Failed to start render: bad allocation".  The image
is slightly more than 16000 pixels wide and I'm using +FT and Display=Off.  It
will also crash at random upon clicking Run to start the render (I can't seem to
find a pattern to this yet - it also occasionally crashes when closing POV-Ray).
It doesn't seem to have a problem with smaller images but I haven't specifically
tried to nail down at what resolution this starts happening (though if it'll
help I'll run some tests to find out the exact resolution that causes the
problem).

I just tried it with 3.6 and it doesn't seem to have a problem starting the
render.

I'd really like to use the beta because it's going to almost halve the rendering
time for this particular image :)

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au