POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] : Re: er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: er...fishing for some help [70 Kb]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Jul 2005 02:49:13
Message: <42ccd069@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Cliche subject, but at some point you just gotta do sharks.
>
> Actually I was hoping to simplify things a bit as I try to develop
> skills in uv maps, lighting and texturing.
>

> In my posted examples, issues of modelling and some uv mapping glitches
> aside, my question is, does anyone here know what color these animals
> actually are?  Any shark afficionados out there?

In my contribution to the Surrealism round of the IRTC, I used a shark (from
the Taschen Collection, so no credits to me!).
AFAIK, they are dark grey on the back and white on the belly, but there are
several species, and probably different too.
I thought your shark is a little bloated at the middle... Shouldn't it be
somewhat more streamlined?

Thomas