POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] : er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  er...fishing for some help [70 Kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Jul 2005 14:40:21
Message: <42cc2595@news.povray.org>
Cliche subject, but at some point you just gotta do sharks.

Actually I was hoping to simplify things a bit as I try to develop
skills in uv maps, lighting and texturing.

In my posted examples, issues of modelling and some uv mapping glitches
aside, my question is, does anyone here know what color these animals
actually are?  Any shark afficionados out there?

I was using this as a reference
http://www.discoverydiving.com/shark_gallery.htm
Can anyone help me analyse what I am actually seeing there in terms of
the animal's skin color and finish?

The renders posted are
1) Monochrome shark to give some sense of the lighting and normal
2) Bitmapped color added v1
3) same bitmap brightened and desaturated a bit

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.00010.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'img.00011.jpg' (28 KB) Download 'img.00013.jpg' (26 KB)

Preview of image 'img.00010.jpg'
img.00010.jpg

Preview of image 'img.00011.jpg'
img.00011.jpg