POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from Warped Pigment : Re: Isosurface from Warped Pigment Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from Warped Pigment
From: Ross
Date: 6 Jul 2005 11:48:08
Message: <42cbfd38$1@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42cbc57df9e477ad30757dd90@news.povray.org...
> In the General group, Ross posted an interesting warped pigment function,
> used to define a texture map & surface normal. Here is a version using an
> isosurface.

I had tried that too, but i couldn't get mine to look that nice. I had to
crank up the max gradient. i'm not super familiar with isosurfaces yet. did
you just do something like "f_sphere(...)+myPigmentFunction(...).gray"?

by the way, i can't take any of the credit for the multiple warp technique.
someone here used it this year for a really hot looking media fire. it
looked amazing. I only used it for pigments instead of densities. i can't
find who it was now.