POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest WIP [136 K] : Re: latest WIP [136 K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest WIP [136 K]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Jun 2005 09:51:18
Message: <42c2a756$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Not easy. Try something with the camera, yes, that might help... In
> addition, have you considered to delete altogether that part to the right
> that branches off the pathway, just leaving it to sweep to the left and -
> eventually -  out of view?

No I hadn't really since that would recreate the whole problem of how to
decorate that far side of the pond.  Which was what I was trying to
avoid, putting benches and trees etc such as what the viewer is standing
among on the near side.  Also, you see, as is it conceals what would be
a fairly nasty problem of having the convex round of the hill flow into
the concave curve of the pond border in some sort of believable way.

But the rough experiment would be easy enough to do so I will give it a
look.  My own inclination at this poit is to construct a much nore
elaborate system of retaining walls.  But while I think about all this I
will refine those foreground leaves and branches.  Back to good ol'
MakeTree for that.

> Yes, that's right! More shoes?? (I tried to peek, but was frustrated... :-))

lol
http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/paintings/menu.html