POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest WIP [136 K] : Re: latest WIP [136 K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest WIP [136 K]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2005 04:16:55
Message: <42c10777$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:22:36 -0400, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
> > wrote:
> >

> > The path doesn't fit the back/mid ground. I can't put my finger on it

> > seem mismatched with respect to the path, I think.
>
> Now that one I didn't quite expect.  But in a way you are pointing to
> the thing that was bothering me too, but I saw it in terms of the
> coloring.  This coloring was the first solution I was halfway happy
> with, ie the red brick road way and the light facing, but I wasn't sure
> it it would sell.

Hmm... I wonder if one of the causes of this is not the exact juxtaposition
of the left topiary and the branching of the path/staircase. This breaks the
perspective view at a crucial point (for the eyes).

> Somehow this idea of a fantasy garden of shoes seems like some sort of
> logical progression from the hundreds of paintings I used to do of shoes
> propped up on their toes:
> http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/paintings/selectedmenu.html
That is very good work, Jim. I believe that this may get people interested
in shoes you know! Quintessential, really.