POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest WIP [136 K] : Re: latest WIP [136 K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest WIP [136 K]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Jun 2005 04:45:42
Message: <42be6b36@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> POV-Tree for the trees and shrubs
> Wings for the shoes and shoe topiaries
> CSG for rest
>
> This would be the ideal time to incorporate changes so criticism is
> welcome.  Foreground around the base of the treee is obviously
> unfinished.  To have ivy covering the ground there too is the current
> intention for that area.

Nice scene!!

A problem with POVtree that I have not solved either, are the leaves that
seem to float in the air, without branches/twigs to attach them. This is
especially so in close-up. In groups or in the distance that doesn't really
matter. But it is annoying... A possible solution is probably to increase
the number of leaves in the bunches, to hide the absence of twigs. I think
that Gilles' tree macro did not have that problem.

I like the ivy and the way it drapes the shoe topiaries. How did you do
that, by the way?

Thomas