POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso-chain (146k) : Re: Iso-chain (146k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-chain (146k)
From: Nicolas Rougier
Date: 24 Jun 2005 03:05:15
Message: <42bbb0ab$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Will you be using radiosity in the final version? The image begs
> for it.
>
>   Btw, how the heck do you achieve such photorealism? Can you teach me?

In fact, there is radiosity that allow shadowed part to get some light.
I tried without but it was really too dark. Downside is that render is
pretty long now (isosurface + radiosity + dof) but I guess it could
certainly be improved regarding speed.

Thanks for photorealism copmment, it certainly comes from procedural
textures and the slight DOF.

Nicolas