POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blurred : Re: blurred Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blurred
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jun 2005 05:37:24
Message: <42ba82d4@news.povray.org>
m1j <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Credit goes to the very smart person that wrote this code but I can not
> remember names very well.

  If I remember correctly, it was Ron Parker who first came up with
the idea of using averaged textures to get blurred reflection (basically
nobody had realized until then that povray actually shoots reflected
rays for each texture in the averaged texture_map block).

  The exact same trick works for blurred refraction as well. Just make
the surface semitransparent and define an ior, and there you are.

--
                                                          - Warp