POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : linux video encoder : Re: linux video encoder Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:32:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: linux video encoder
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 22 Jun 2005 16:22:45
Message: <42b9c895$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> Screw it.  It's hopelessly confusing as to how to acquire the app-  I have
> to compile a bunch of stuff, and it has an inefficient interface-- lots of
> typing. So 1990ish.  I'll try TMPGENc and WINE

	If you can't get a binary for mplayer, it may be a pain to compile. You
could try avidemux:

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

	Or transcode.

	Personally, getting things to work with WINE was always a bigger pain
for me than compiling.

--
... "All we are saying,"    "Is give pizza chants."

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl