POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : USS constitution and Civilization3 : Re: USS constitution and Civilization3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USS constitution and Civilization3
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2005 20:24:01
Message: <42b8afa1$1@news.povray.org>
aaglo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-06-21 02:33:

> Thanks :)
> Yep, I know that the model isn't very highly accurate (like the thickness of
> the masts). But that is for a reason: In the game I made the model for, the
> ship is some 100 pixels long. In the game at that scale the thin masts
> don't look good - i found thickening them made the ship look better.
>
> Maybe I could sometime try to model this to a bit more detail (if I have the
> time).
>
> I've done some 180 models (and thus animated units) for civ3 with pov-ray -
> ships, vehicles, artillery, humans, planes... and I'm still busy on that :)
>
> Attached is a picture of some of the things I've done (all animated and
> modelled with pov-ray)
> Cheers.

The ship, first row, far right, it looks like the HMS Man O War! The flag-ship of the
british fleet
that destroyed the spanish "Invincible Armada"! Just replace the blue on the sails by
a big red
"H*M" for "Her Magesty"
At that size, it's obvious that you need croaser details.

Alain