POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elution Drop Final (~72 kb) : Re: Elution Drop Final (~72 kb) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elution Drop Final (~72 kb)
From: Ross
Date: 16 Jun 2005 16:59:00
Message: <42b1e814$1@news.povray.org>
"Burki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42b1de19eed216024f17dd8d0@news.povray.org...
> Hi all !
>
> I didn't really want to do anything more on this scene. But finally I took
> an area light and a spot at the bottles right, adjusted the color of the
> yellow tips and reduces the thickness of the wall of the left test tube.
> One good thing is, that I don't fear that my computer will go up in flames
> on longer rendering times any longer. Rendering time was 18h 45' with a
> Pentium 4 (2.66 GHz).
>
> Hope you'll like it,
> Bu.

Wow, why so long? Nice modelling job, especially on the test tubes and their
lids, as well as the marker. However, either the lighting or the textures
make the image appear a little washed out. Some contrast, some darker
portions of the scene could help. I do remember my chem lab in college had
pretty even light. Maybe even changing the countertop to have a dark
texture. Too many things have similar colors, like the test tubes, the
countertop, the thing where the drop is comming from, and the metal lid on
the right side.

nice image though. i do really like the modelling on the test tubes.