POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torture for CUP and Swapfile : Re: Torture for CUP and Swapfile Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torture for CUP and Swapfile
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 Jun 2005 13:55:01
Message: <42a9d3f5$1@news.povray.org>
Lonnie wrote:
> My first post in ages.  I had never tried rendering with photons, radiosity,
> and media at once.  I have a lot left to learn but pleased with my first
> real try at using these advanced features.  Hope you are too.  Render time:
> 3 days 11 hours on 2.1 G Athlon, but no real benchmark I was playing DVDs,
> surfing, etc.

Yeah, that's pretty damned nice.  Love the concept and the outcome.  Not
sure I am willing to dredge up the words for what I think at the moment,
but this is a tremendously promising direction imho.  It's as if the
metaphors for describing light have come to life.  Like it has become a
palpable, liquid thing.  There is the appeal of a star field but in a
context more capable of surprise...