POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some info : Re: Some info Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some info
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 9 Jun 2005 09:07:17
Message: <42a83f05@news.povray.org>
"Gena" <gen### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> 1. FYI in vector graphics.
>
> If you need to use your Adobe Illustrator
> vector graphics in POV-Ray you can do that
> following these steps:
>
> - Save that graphics either in SVG or SVGZ format
> - Open file in Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/)
> - Save as POV-Ray file (prizm object with bezier_spline)
>
> See example in p.b.images
>
> Inkscape can also be used as a vector drawing
> program itself. It's open source freeware.
>

> 2. FYI in HDRI
>
> 'Pixel' is a bitmap editing shareware and
> it supports HDR now:
> http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/
>
> Gena.

Gena,
Thanks for sharing that info. I downloaded both programs and tried them out
some. Inkscape is really pretty cool. I think it might do for my vector
drawing needs. Pixel looks like it has the potential to be a really good
program, but, at least with the windows version, it is so buggy I was unable
to do anything with it (and that's not an exaggeration). I think their final
release is a long, long, long way off.
Steve Shelby