POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP (2) : Re: Double planetoid WIP (2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP (2)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Jun 2005 09:28:35
Message: <42a5a103$1@news.povray.org>
I really liked the plaster of paris look it had a while ago.
;^)
I kinda agree with what Jim said about the rock and floor textures being
similar here in this one and that maybe a distinct difference might be
better for it.

My first impression of this update was of a sort of disjointing of the rock
and building, so I suppose those will only become more unique unto
themselves as you make further changes to each. For that reason I'm thinking
you might need to join them physically in some manner, such as dirtying up
the building and bridge bases. Possibly working in a certain vegetation
boundary, too. But right now it's simply the starkness of lines where the
intersecting objects meet that makes me see it as disconcerting, it might
not be so obvious later on. I'm just pointing it out now if you aren't
thinking of this yet. I can see a mild coloration change at the rock's
surface but it didn't help keep me from seeing this scene as two individual
parts glued together.

Hopefully food for thought, anyway. I think it's going well.

Bob Hughes