POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Posable mech : Re: Posable mech Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:09:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posable mech
From: dlm
Date: 3 Jun 2005 09:24:11
Message: <42a059fb@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
news:pan### [at] nospamcom...
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:55:33 +0200, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> Yes, they are manned. I seem to remember a scene where one is shot down
>> and the martian inside revealed.
>
> I'll have to reread it - got a copy here on my desk as well as it being
> available through Project Gutenberg.
>
> Jim

The mechs were piloted by Martians.
You'll find it in chapter 4 e.g.
"  I looked up and saw the lower surface of a handling-machine coming slowly
across the hole.  One of its gripping limbs curled amid the debris; another
limb appeared, feeling its way over the fallen beams. I stood petrified,
staring.  Then I saw through a sort of glass plate near the edge of the body
the face, as we may call it, and the large dark eyes of a Martian, peering,
and then a long metallic snake of tentacle came feeling slowly through the
hole."
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/3/36/36.txt

DLM