POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What on earth(2)...? [340kB] : Re: What on earth(2)...? [340kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What on earth(2)...? [340kB]
From: andrel
Date: 7 Aug 2005 09:24:53
Message: <42F60B18.8050308@hotmail.com>
Jellby wrote:
> Among other things, Daniel Hulme saw fit to write:
>

>>The bits of string tied round everything seem to be isotherms or
>>something similar. Have the flask things been heated and then inserted
>>into a bowl of water?
>

> Yes, but... a knot?

A bit of an artistic licence ;)

Yet with some serious background. Most people use iso-thingies
because everybody else uses them. A knot surprises them enough
to start a discussion on the limitations of this representation.

This image is a (small) figure in a paper that is more or less
accepted for publication now, without the knot. Perhaps we try
to get it on the cover with.