POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Grid [~50kb] : Re: The Grid [~50kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Grid [~50kb]
From: Alain
Date: 2 Jun 2005 20:33:29
Message: <429fa559$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-06-02 15:20:
> The lighting in this is completely wrong... (I also did a metallic
> version; the lighting was completely wrong there too.) Also, I cannot
> make the glass look refractive.
>
> Oh well! It's not a terribly exciting scene anyway. :-/

For refraction to show, it need something to get refracted. Your background is to
plain and tend to
hide any refraction effect. Try without any reflection as the reflection may hide what
is refracted.
Once the refraction is OK, you can put back the reflections, I suggere using variable
reflection
with fresnel, adding conserve_energy in the finish. You may want to increase the ior
to get a more
pleasent/artistic effect. If you use specular highlight, try to lower the roughness,
probably under
0.001 (small value = small highlights). If you use phong, increase phong_size, maybe
over 200 (large
value = small highlights).

Alain