POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hallway Table (~75k) : Hallway Table (~75k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Hallway Table (~75k)
From: Rick Measham
Date: 2 Jun 2005 00:50:40
Message: <429e9020@news.povray.org>
This is one of the first completed scenes I've made that I'm happy with.
  It was, of course, suggested by Loki's 'Radiosity from Ikea' picture.
I decided one way to learn stuff was to pick a simple scene from a
master and recreate it. The other concept I've stolen is Sylvain's
wide-screen seen in 'Go, the lost game'

This is my first picture with Radiosity and I'm quite happy with the
result. I've got the textures I was after on all surfaces that matter
from this angle (the twig and magazine covers have no 'finish' or
'normal' other than default)

The room contains five light sources .. 4 area lights and one spotlight:

+-----------------====--------+
|                 \  /        |
|    +---+         \/+---+    |
|    |   |           |   |    |
|    +---+           +---+    |
|                             |
|                             |
|    +---+           +---+    |
|    |   |           |   |    |
|    +---+           +---+    |
|                             |
+-----------------------------+

The picture is Gile's 'Wet Bird', the magazines are all "Presqu'Offert"s
special POV-Ray edition.

One of the things I like most about developing this scene is that the
render time without AA, Radiosity and Area Lights is about 2 seconds at
1200 x 600 px which makes it quick to move things around or change things.

(I'm happy to provide the SDL, but I wont supply the wet bird or
magazine covers as they're copyrighted to someone else and I don't have
permission to use them .. let alone redistribute them!)

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: