POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New WIP : Re: New WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New WIP
From: Rick Measham
Date: 27 May 2005 20:25:02
Message: <4297ba5e$1@news.povray.org>
Jerome Colin wrote:
> There is no texture yet.

After seeing this image and Loki's "Force of Nature" at a similar stage,
it led me to two thoughts:

1. Is this the process most people go through? Creating white images to
get the proportions/placements correct, then adding textures? If so, how
do you go about seeing everything without area lights / radiosity
slowing down your render?

2. In the vein of Loki vs Slime, I'd love someone to provide a 'white'
scene with interesting objects like this or Force of Nature and the
'game' is to add the color/texture/finishes on everything. No adding
objects. No moving objects or the camera or the lights*. Everyone would
submit the same 2D representation of the scene, just with their own
colors/textures on it. I'd also like to say the SDL should be provided
as I'm sure many of you use more complex texturing tricks than I do and
I'd love to learn the questions to ask :)

Cheers!
Rick Measham

*After writing this, I think I change my mind on the lighting. My
suggestion would be that lighting could be moved. I think it would be
fun to be able to say "I like Bob's lighting, I like Jane's pencil
texture and Norm's paper" then stick them all in one SDL and hit render ...