POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lotus Candle (WIP) : Re: Lotus Candle (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lotus Candle (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 May 2005 06:20:18
Message: <4295a2e2$1@news.povray.org>
> Great job! You got everything right, the color and transparency of the
solid
> wax, the flame, the reflection in the liquid wax... but, IMHO, this is a
> picture of a lit candle being illuminated from above by a spotlight. I
> think there's no way the flame, low as it is in the candle, can actually
> cast light onto the table. This being said, 2 thumbs up again !!!

Thanks for the thumbs up! :-)

Yup, the light is coming from spotlights from above. Otherwise, the plane
would receive no lights whatsoever from the candle, as it is all being
absorbed by the candle. Maybe I should make the shadow larger, and the light
somewhat weaker, so that it looks like it's being scattered out of the
candle. I'll see what I can come up with.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"