POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro : Re: Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 22 May 2005 22:32:06
Message: <429140a6$1@news.povray.org>
It's Dave! How is the ol' AOL POV Chat going? I found your message post(s)
saying you still do that.

Great to see (read) you here. Everytime I think of e-mailing that group of
people there at AOL I get sidetracked and forget to do so. Sure hope your
Winter Holidays went well, etcetera, etcetera. Dang... been such a long
time.

Great macro. Good to know you still have what it takes to work in POV-Ray.
I'm marvelling over the macro just now and already started hacking away at
it to add smoothing in the other direction-- meaning that I put cubic_spline
into the LatheSeg() part. Well, here's that part so you can see it yourself.
I'm having trouble with it so it won't go back to the other way again once
the change is made.

#macro LatheSeg(LatheName,Points,Smooth,Smooth2,XZExt,YExt,Seg,Vis,Color)
union {
#if(Smooth=1)
#declare Lathe_Slice =
lathe {
 #if (Smooth2=1)
 cubic_spline
Points+2,
#declare Count = -1;
 #else
Points,
#declare Count = 0;
 #end
#while(Count<=Points)
LatheName(Count)
#declare Count = Count +1;
#end}

Has gotten a little mixed up in the #if or the numbering, I just can't get
beyond that hurdle. If you try this yourself, be sure to include that extra
1 after the Smooth (for the Smooth2)! Any other number just causes an error,
so it would need two separate macros to do both kinds right now.

Gee, so good to know you're still out there. I stopped using POV-Ray for a
month or two, awhile back; computers, too. Not going to any live chats has
made online life boring. I'm just not looking for any live chats anyway, so
pretty much my own fault. Please say a "hi" for me to RENRAD1, CybrJACK, Jim
and whoever else is there at those POV Chats.

Bob Hughes