POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Rods (and photon problem?) : Re: Glass Rods (and photon problem?) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Rods (and photon problem?)
From: Alain
Date: 22 May 2005 14:41:24
Message: <4290d254$1@news.povray.org>
Cyris69 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-05-22 09:03:
> Sorry, I'm new to povray and I use a modeler. I have been messing around
> with photons and glass and was wondering what the photon block or code was
> that you added to each object.
> This what I have managed to make
> General stuff some photons
> www.teampki.com/~cyris69/renders/
> All glass + photons this is where u can see how i have used them
> www.teampki.com/~cyris69/renders/glassroom.html
> If anything could you help me out by emailing me at cyr### [at] insightbbcom
> Thanks, and beautiful work I might add.

With comments:
photons{target//enable the object to receive and interact with the photons
  refraction on//enable photons refraction for that object
  reflection on//enable photons reflection for that object
  collect off// disable showing the photons effect from other objects
//usefull for mostly transparent or highly reflective objects
}
The default are:photons{target off refraction off reflection off collect on}
In glassroom6.bmp, you need more photons: reduce the spacing OR increase the count.
I see much facing, you need to set your meshes to a finer setting.

Alain