POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frist try at...(109KB) : Re: Frist try at...(109KB) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frist try at...(109KB)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 21 May 2005 02:38:53
Message: <428ed77c@news.povray.org>
The right honourable dlm penned on Saturday 21 May 2005 03:35:

> Stefan,
> Perhaps the problem is your POV rather than your math?
> Try keeping track of your last pos and drawing a cylinder between points
> instead of all those smushed up spheres!
> You may prefer to make an object of the cylinder collection.
> i.e. modify your code to look a bit like this.
> DLM

Thanks I'll try that!

I think I might be misunderstanding how to use sin and cos in pov - them
taking radians an'all. I think I am converting to radians at the wrong
place, mainly due to not figuring out my braces correctly. Just gotta keep
hacking at it.

Have you taken a look at

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Spirograph.html

?

That's what I'm trying for - Shay posted some nice pics here a while ago
done with an algo he came up with that implemented those formulae. That
inspired me.

But anyway!

Got another trace running since last night I'll post later - still spheres
but with a bit more color and some Z factored in. Man my new HT CPU kicks
ass for rendering!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try those cyls...
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer