POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jupiter : Re: Jupiter Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jupiter
From: Ben Lauritzen
Date: 20 May 2005 07:11:42
Message: <428dc5ee$1@news.povray.org>
Wow, those are some big rocks in the ring there.  That close in, I think,
orbiting objects wouldn't really be orbiting, at least not for long.  The
biggest chunk of rock looks like it could be bigger than the whole solid
core of the planet afaik.

The sun should be tremendously farther away/smaller, unless of course it's
going nova, in which case we're already long since dead at the point in this
picture.

Also, you have your brightest light source coming from outside the solar
system.

Generally, views of objects in space are tremendously boring, so artistic
license is required so do what you want with it - if realism ruins your
plans.