POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lensflare : Re: Lensflare Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lensflare
From: Rune
Date: 20 May 2005 02:51:45
Message: <428d8901$1@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp wrote:
> Another way to do additive transparancy is used in NKFlare (really
> old but fun lens flare system written by yours truly
> http://www.nathan.kopp.com/nkflare.htm).  The technique works like
> this:
>
> 1) use the color you want, but set transmit to 0.5
> 2) use "ambient 2" (instead of "ambient 1")
> 3) use "refraction 2.0" (instead of "refraction on")

Very curious using a currently undocumented feature! The refraction keyword
is obsolete though (except for photons, but that's unrelated), so who knows
if it will be supported in future versions of POV-Ray?

I wonder how it was described back when it was documented? Was it mentioned
that you could use a float rather than an on-off value? I always thought
refraction was related to the bending of rays only (in conjunction with
ior), not how much light passed through...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com