POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mosquee in progress : Re: Mosquee in progress Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mosquee in progress
From: dlm
Date: 18 May 2005 08:25:29
Message: <428b3439$1@news.povray.org>
"chaps" <cha### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
>> Pascal,
>> The fisheye lens leaves me all at sea ;)
>> It'd be great if you could persuade your camera to give non-curved
>> verticals. Even parallel verticals.
>> I'll leave the horizontals to your sensibilities.
>> DLM
>
> OK, that's how it look like without fish eye. Verticals are not parallel.
> gess I should use hortographic camera to get this result, but I'm not sure
> I'll like it.
>
> If you could see my home, you 'd know that I like curvy walls :o)
>
> Pascal.

Pascal
That seems better to me! And in defense of your curves, you've still got
plenty in the arches, the candelabra and so on.
Now what does this look like with the external light sources media and so
on? I'm sure the illusions of crossed and curved light beams will go away
and interact well with the foreground.
DLM