POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exploring Betelgeuse IV (~89k) : Re: Exploring Betelgeuse IV (~89k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exploring Betelgeuse IV (~89k)
From: Scott David Daniels
Date: 15 May 2005 10:57:10
Message: <42876346@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham wrote:

>     I have finally managed to find time to send you this postcard. I had
> Martin take a shot of one of the amazing things we've found on
> Betelguse-IV. One that I'm sure you, with your love of games theory,
> will love. It appears to be a form of 4 dimensional tic-tac-toe.

Having played a bunch of 3-D, 4-D, 5-D tic-tac-toe in high school
several eons ago, I'll just mention that 4x4x4x... is a much better
game than 3x3x3....  The 3x3x... game is won by moving into the center
and (as I remember) you can then force a win.  4x4x4x... does not have
that problem (the center is diffuse).