POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help wanted. I can't render this on my K6-400Mhz : Re: Help wanted. I can't render this on my K6-400Mhz Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help wanted. I can't render this on my K6-400Mhz
From: Alain
Date: 14 May 2005 22:04:08
Message: <4286ae18@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-05-14 20:03:
> Thanks to all those who have helped me generating this image.  But obvious,
> nobody can be happy with the results.  In the first version the only light
> comes of a point located over the rings.  Result:  A fire ring that does
> "not" illuminate grass ring next to him.  In this second version each sphere
> that forms the fire ring emits a light center whose fade_distance is the
> radius of the ring.  This, and the improved version of the texture of the
> water improves the scene on one hand, but by another one the grass rings is
> now too dark. Some suggestions?

With a small value for the fade_distance you need to increase the intencity of the
light by using a
value greater than 1.
Alterations: reduced fade_power to 1 (200 was somewhat extreem) increased the filter
value a bit,
added some transmit and added 10 spheres in the blob for the water ring, lights
intencity raised to
10 and placed around the ring (they where all in the center of the ring) for the fire
ring.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: