POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small doodle in between... : Small doodle in between... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Small doodle in between...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 14 May 2005 19:57:00
Message: <4286904c@news.povray.org>
High!

While my virtual khybernaut under a now-fixed sky sails from Parwan into
Wardak province, slowly approaching the Kabul-Kandahar highway, I found
some time for a small PoV exercise in between before the next major
update of Electric Afghanistan...

It was convenient for me to have found some abandoned... ahem, OLPUD
blocks ;-) in Ismail's street some days ago, so I had not only some toys
for my little niece, but also a not-too complex excuse for rendering.

And here they are, almost completed (I soon will add some more subtle
features such as serial numbers and the rougher texture on the blocks'
upper inside, and also of course the OLPUD logo inside the round pins)!

In the more distant future there might be even scratches and toothmarks
be included... the radiosity is, of course, just quick and dirty, and
surely will improve later on.

Perhaps I finally will be able to re-create the fantastic airplanes made
of  both OLPUD and OGEL pieces I built with my younger brother and my
father 30 years ago... or even Plastic Afghanistan, you know, "Kabuland"!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Katzenmusik 10 (Michael Rother)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'olpuds.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'olpuds.jpg'