POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Open water : Re: Open water Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open water
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 May 2005 16:14:22
Message: <42850a9e$1@news.povray.org>
Loki wrote:

> And thanks everyone - it's interesting someone said it looked like ice; I
> thought it looked kinda solid too, but I can't think of a way to correct
> that really.  Perhaps it would look better in context because, as was
> mentioned, the scale of it looks off in this image.

It really can go both ways, so yes, I also think that context is the
crucial thing.  Scale as you say, but also other clues,... some foam
might suggest one thing, while windblown snow another.  This looks very
convincing as boiling turbulent water such as migh be under a waterfall.
  The last time I went on the "Maid of the Mist", a tour boat beneath
Niagara Falls, I couldn't help trying to imagine how I would render the
boiling, eddying water I saw there.