POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lab Bench - WIP : Re: Lab Bench - WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lab Bench - WIP
From: dlm
Date: 13 May 2005 11:29:46
Message: <4284c7ea@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hola,
>
> I'm struggling with camera postion and arrangement of items on the bench,
> I'm 99 % OK with the lighting ....
>
> Anyway here's what I have so far, would appreciate pointers or comments!
>
> Ciao Jim

Jim,
Typically the bases of the retorts will be under the flasks (so they don't
topple over) - me and my lab safety again :)
Flasks will be facing the front of the bench (where you can get to them)
Bunsen burner is likely to be under a flask, which would also be lower.
Test-tubes might be inverted (over rods) if unused.
Mortar and pestle - handle usually has a palm pad (think mini baseball bat),
looks a tad top heavy - unstable.
I assume you are planning to put liquids in flasks or test tubes and light
the bunsen?
A reagent jar/bottle or two would add purpose.
There's a lot of space between the bench and the wall. Is this a demo bench
with room for people to stand around and gawp?

Consider turning the bench through a quarter clock-wise turn and rearranging
the retorts for a pleasing foreground display

DLM